Thursday, January 19, 2012

(E)DENTITY -- Dawn of the Digital Natives Activity

Dear NEA Director,

                The NEA argues that students now are reading significantly less than they were years ago, and that their literacy skills are decreasing. Although, this may be true for a small portion of students, I feel the majority is still reading a lot, but through the internet more so than books. The NEA fails to recognize Online and computer reading in their statistics. During my first semester of college, I had an e-book (book on the internet), and I read through the whole entire text book in order to take my tests for the class. It was a lot of reading, but in your studies it would not count. I have had a total of about 5 text books for my classes thus far, and this is only my second semester of college. Every night I have about 2 hours of reading to do for my classes, and I just recently finished a booked called The Lone Survivor for fun. As college students I feel we encounter a lot of reading, and that you should look over your stats again and include internet and computer reading.

Sincerely,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment